Little Axe Public Schools has choose to utilize Okcollegestart.org as a resource to achieve most of the ICAP requirements.
Students have heard about ICAP through Advocacy's, e-mails, Little Axe High School Google Classroom. This is one reason it is imperative students login to their school accounts daily during the school week.
Every student has have an account already created unless they are new to Little Axe High School.
**If the previous school did not use Okcollegestart, students need to create their account. Directions are below in the PowerPoint.
**If their previous school used Okcollegestart, students need to login to their account and switch the school they are attending under their profile.
It is now required we record ICAP completions on transcripts for graduation.
1. What if I haven't done Community Service, Service Learning, Taken the ACT or an AP course.
- YOU MAY SKIP THE ONES THAT DOE NOT PERTAIN TO YOU.
2. Do I have to do it this school year?
YES, THIS IS RECORDED EVERY YEAR. YOU CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL YOUR SENIOR YEAR TO COMPLETE IT. THERE ARE CERTAIN REQUIREMENTS EACH YEAR YOU MUST MEET.
3. I am not going to college, do I have to do this?
YES, THIS IS NOT FOR JUST COLLEGE BOUND STUDENTS. IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN SCHOLARSHIPS OR COLLEGE SEARCHES...YOU MAY SKIP SOME OF THAT. BUT DON'T OVERLOOK SOMETHING THAT IS STILL AN 'I DON'T KNOW'. THESE ARE GREAT RESOURCES.
4. What is my username and password?
EMAIL MRS. HARP AMBER.HARP@LITTLEAXEPS.ORG
5. We have had a few students not see the little blue box when they log in. If this is you, go to your personal information, edit it and make sure that "full time student" is selected. If you need help, bring your laptop to Mrs. Harp.
--2020-2022 Critical Occupations: Click Here
--Great research resource: O'NET
--In the "LAHS G-Classroom" students have access to do virtual tours with colleges. A scavenger hunt has been added. This will allow the student to look up information that should be important to them when looking at colleges.
Zoom Into Your Career
Check out the videos about careers. Individuals talk about their career.
Many careers are covered: Meteorologist, Video Editor, Police Officer, Realtor, Actor, Nurse, Doctor, Interior Design, Banking, Magician, Construction, Graphic Design, Sonographer, And more!!!