Our Mission at Little Axe Public Schools is to ensure that all students achieve at the highest potential regardless of race, gender, or socioeconomic status.
The Board believes that:
- The purpose of education is to prepare students to live in a complex, changing society.
- All children can learn.
- It is our duty to provide a quality education for all children.
- All children are worthy.
- High expectations foster academic success.
- Children learn best when they actively participate in meaningful learning experiences.
- The learning environment must promote dignity and respect for diversity.
- The learning environment must be clean, safe, orderly, attractive, and provide a nurturing atmosphere.
- Parental and community participation are crucial to quality education.
- Change based on assessment promotes innovation and growth.
- Resources will be provided to ensure equity for all children.